The days are gone when social media sites were just meant for fun and hang out with friends. Now serious business is too being followed on these social accounts.
With migration of businesses and brands on social media, hackers have arrived too with all their strategies and trick to nail brands social media down. So keep safe your social media accounts if you are handling a big brand or even if it’s a small business as competitors may use this trick to ruin your business.
Big brand social profiles have been recently hacked and the major victims were McDonalds and Jeep. Hacking was used to take control of these brands social media accounts and circulate inappropriate posts and messages to millions of brand page followers.
Safeguard your social media accounts today by taking these preventive majors:
- Take social media profiles and passwords seriously. Use any social media management tool like Hootsuite to give access to social media managers rather than giving them complete control over your social profiles.
- Extra safety majors for Facebook page as it also related to your social advertising.
- Involvement of your IT team from time to time on social media channels.
- Use unified channels and centralize your social media accounts within a single system like Hootsuite again allowing your operations on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and rest from one secure zone.
- Keep updating your social media profiles passwords regularly and last but not the least always choose stronger passwords with combination of alphanumeric and special characters.
- Hire expert social media agency to award your social media marketing a boost and safeguard you by acknowledging all the issues at first level.